You are most likely to come across asbestos in these materials:
- sprayed asbestos and asbestos loose packing generally used as fire breaks in ceiling voids;
- moulded lagging generally used in thermal insulation of pipes and boilers;
- insulating boards used for fire protection and thermal insulating;
- asbestos cement products, which are usually semi-compressed or corrugated, e.g corrugated sheets on roofs;
- some ceiling tiles;
- gutters, rainwater pipes and water pipes.
This list is not exhaustive.
It should be remembered that if you are in doubt, it is safer to presume that a material contains asbestos, unless there is strong evidence that it does not.